EAST SIDE ROCKS
Classroom & Special Area Classroom Lesson Plan
Universal Expectation: Be Respectful, Take Ownership, Make Choices That Are Right, and Practice Kindness, Be Safe
*Teach the following lesson according to your classroom procedures
Name of Skill/Setting: Classroom
Purpose of the Lesson/Why it’s Important
- To teach students expected procedures while in the classroom.
- In the classroom, demonstrate to the students how to sit properly in their chair, keeping their hands and feet to themselves/in their own space.
- In the classroom, demonstrate “raise your hand” when asking/answering a question. Then, demonstrate “wait your turn” when getting material, using equipment, playing games, small group work, to speak, going to the bathroom, lining up, using the fountain, etc…
- “Walk in the classroom at all times.” This will help prevent injuries.
- Respect your property and others’ property.
Kid Activities/Role Plays
- Model expected behavior. Demonstrate the wrong and right way to sit in your seat, raise your hand, and wait your turn.
- A friend gets up to sharpen his/her pencil and stops at your desk to talk. What do you do?
- Model following directions.
Follow Up/Reinforcement Activities
- Teacher/Staff gives positive praise.
- Ask students to report others who are following the rules.
- Staff increases rewards (ROCKS rewards).
- Pre-correct expected behaviors. Give reminders before behaviors are expected.