EAST SIDE ROCKS
Cafeteria Lesson Plan
Universal Expectation: Be Respectful, Take Ownership, Make Choices That Are Right, and Practice Kindness, Be Safe
Name of Skill/Setting: Cafeteria
Purpose of the Lesson/Why it’s Important
- To teach students expected procedures when entering and leaving the cafeteria as well as proper dining procedures.
- It's your time to go to lunch so you run and push to be first in line. What should you do? I should walk to get in line. I wait quietly in line to receive my food and say thank you to the cafeteria staff. I get all my utensils, napkins, ketchup, etc. I then sit in my seat and eat my lunch while keeping my hands and feet to myself.
- My friend yells my name and I turn around to see him/her. What should you do?
Kid Activities/Role Plays
- Follow all adult directions the first time.
- Stay seated at all times.
- Use indoor voice.
- Eat only your own food.
- Clean up your table/floor area.
- Use kind words and good manners when talking to cafeteria staff.
- Dump tray when told by an adult then go straight back to your seat.
Follow Up/Reinforcement Activities
- Give verbal praise and Trojan ticket to students who are caught following cafeteria procedures. Teach cafeteria procedures as soon as possible.