EAST SIDE ROCKS
Bus Lesson Plan
Universal Expectation: Be Respectful, Take Ownership, Make Choices That Are Right, and Practice Kindness, Be Safe
Name of Skill/Setting: Bus
Purpose of the Lesson/Why it’s Important
- To teach students expected procedures entering, exiting, and while on the bus.
- You see your bus approaching so you run and push to get in line because you want to be next to your friend. What should you do? I should walk to get in line and ask my friend to join me. My friend doesn’t get out of line so I wait quietly in line and enter the bus. I can then sit in my assigned sit, face forward, and speak quietly.
- My friend yells my name and I turn around to see him/her. What should you do?
I should stay in my seat facing forward. I should keep my feet and hands to myself.
Kid Activities/Role Plays
- Have students discuss how they think the procedures for bus use show safety, respect for others, and cooperation.
- Have an empty bus for students to practice bus procedures.
- Follow all adult directions.
- Use indoor voices with kind words and action.
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
Follow Up/Reinforcement Activities
- Give verbal praise and Trojan ticket to students who are caught following bus procedures. Teach bus procedures as soon as possible.